When you shop for a good pair of quality shoes, you make sure they fit. You try them on, and in some cases you might even be able to take them for a run around the block. If they are not comfortable, you try more on until you get the ones that fit you perfectly. Same goes when choosing a language school or teacher.
Here at Casa Hispana we make sure you try a class for a week before you make the 6 or 8 week commitment. We want you to enjoy the teacher, your classmates, and ultimately, we want you to feel at home learning with us.
Things to ask yourself when shopping around for a Language School or teacher:
- How comfortable do you feel in class?
- Is the teacher making sure you take part in the class?
- Is the teacher interested in you as a person?
- Does the teacher create a safe environment for you to relax and practice?
- Does the teacher know what he/she is doing?
- Qualifications are important, but how does the teacher impart his/her knowledge?
- Do you look forward to going to class?
- How are you greeted? Are you ignored by the staff as you walk in?
- Do you have fun while learning?
- Does your teacher address your needs, even if it’s a group class?
- Does the teacher seem to enjoy what he/she is doing?
- Do you feel you can make mistakes and not feel judged and/or threatened?
You will know once you answer these questions if the institution or teacher is the right one for you.
Feel free to come and try us out! New beginner’s classes every month!